How are you all doing? I hope you had an awesome month.
March, for me, was painfully long and slow. For the first few weeks, I was too busy binging on TV shows to read books or listen to music. I felt malnourished, honestly.
Thankfully, in the last week I caught up on my reading and music.
Over to why we are here, my monthly picks. Enjoy 🙂
SHORT STORIES AND ARTICLES.
- The Friend Who Got Away by Dani Shapiro – Do you have that one friend (or two, or ten) whom you thought you were going to remain friends with forever, but somehow, drifted apart from? This one is for you. Read here.
- The Aquarium by Aleksandar Hemon – In this heartbreaking piece, a Father recounts the events that occurred after his 9-month-old daughter was diagnosed with cancer. Read here.
- Cold Little Bird by Ben Marcus – What do you do when your ten-year-old son suddenly becomes distant and cold? Read here.
- If a Book is Locked There’s probably a Good Reason for That Don’t You Think by Helen Oyeyemi – This puzzling, amazing story is the last story in Helen’s newly published collection of short stories. It is as fascinating as the title. Read here.
- Voicemails of Love from Around the World – CNN asked people to leave them voicemails telling them their love stories. Some of these stories may make you tear up. Brace yourself. Check them out here.
- Charlie Puth Feat Selena Gomez – We Don’t Talk Anymore
- Ella Eyre – Waiting All Night (Acoustic)
- Poe Feat Funbi – Adore Her
- Lukas Graham – 7 Years
- Trevor Noah : Zambia Loves Escalators, Just don’t be Gay. –Don’t you just love Trevor’s humor? This is very funny, seriously, watch it here.
- Lady Gaga : Till it happens to you – After watching this video about sexual assault and rape culture, I cried for half an hour. Apparently, it was released in November, I don’t know how I just discovered it. Well done, Gaga. Watch it here.
- Chioma ‘Chigul’ Omeruah : King Women – In this snippet of an upcoming documentary produced by Kemi Adetiba, the popular comedian Chigul shows us a side of her we have never seen while discussing very important personal issues. Watch it here.
- Falz Feat Simi : Soldier (Full-length Movie) – The visuals to this awesome song dropped in March, and I absolutely loved it. Who knew shirtless Falz could drop jaws? Watch it here.
- I have a good number of classic (vintage) African novels up for sale. If you’re resident in Nigeria and you love African literature like me, get at me for a list of the available books. I can be reached on Twitter (@thephidelia_). You can also mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How adorable is this little man in his little suit? Kelly Rowland’s son, Titan.
There you have it, my favorite things from March in Literature and Media.
Wishing you a lovely new month. Make sure you read good books and stories, listen to good music and eat healthy meals.